Make Me Remember
Release Date: Summer (?) 2010
Genre: Erotic Paranormal Romance
Source: I received a copy of this novella from the author in exchange for an honest review.
Buy the Book: Borders ~ Barnes & Noble ~ Ellora's Cave
Content Warning: Cussing, Explicit Sex
Hannah Bryant has always been different. Since she was a child, she's had vivid dreams of death and loss. Years later, Hannah is a successful doctor who's gotten past the terrors that used to plague her. In a flash, everything she has worked so hard for is in danger when the dreams return with a vengeance.
But the dreams haunting Hannah's sleep now are nothing like the ones from her childhood. No longer does she dream of death and destruction-now her dreams are of a man who elicits a reaction from Hannah's body that's strangely familiar and startlingly brand new at the same time.
Book blurb from Goodreads.
I wasn't sure what I was getting into when I volunteered to review a book for Miss Petersen. It's been a while since I read an erotic romance.
I needn't have worried; Make Me Remember is a sweet and fulfilling romance. The sex scenes - both in Hannah's dreams and in her life - are real scorchers. I needed a fan and a cold drink after each.
And I read the book in the middle of January, when it was freezing cold outside!
What I Liked:
- Hannah. She's complex. She's not perfect. She's real.
- Gabe, the leading man. Wow. Just wow.
- The mixture of the real world and the dream world. Her dreams are vivid, realistic. One even made me cry.
- The 'magic' (or whatever it is!) that allows Hannah to speak a language she's never learned.
What I Didn't Like:
- The length! A full-length novel would have allowed us to get to know the characters better.
- Hannah and Gabe's relationship developed too fast. However, I believe this is due to the length restriction of a novella. So this point just goes back to the first one: a longer version would be better. ^_^
Knowing What I Know Now, Would I Read This Book?
YES! At roughly 70 pages, it's a quick read. Well worth the hour or so it took me to read the first time.
I'll probably re-read it several times. Yeah, it's that good.
Should You Read This Book?
If you like romances, especially with an element of the paranormal, yes.
Maybe not if you don't like to read sex scenes, as there are several. They're short but hot.